Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter - internet issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sasagr, Nov 26, 2010.

1. sasagr macrumors newbie

Hi to All, I just bought my new moshi cable and I connected it to my HD Philips 22". Everything seemed to be ok with Audio and Video but for some reason my wifi connection goes down every time I connect it to the TV. I mean only connecting the adapter to the Mac does not cause the problem but when I connect the TV I start having this issue. Is anyone having this problem as well?

2. DarkVinda macrumors regular

DarkVinda

Hi which macbook do you have? i have a late 2008 mbpro unibody and i use a mini display port to hdmi for video into a 42" hitachi plasma - and use on optical into my amp for audio...i dont have any issues at all with the airport... :S

3. Timur macrumors 6502a

Timur

Try switching the PSU plug between 2-prong / 3-prong on the MBP.

4. sasagr thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi. I have a MacBook Pro 13" mid 2010 and the adapter works fine with Audio and Video. The TV is a Philips 22" model 22PFL3404D12, HD 1080p. No issues with Audio/Video, the issue is with the internet connection. For some reason once I connect the cable to the TV the internet connection goes down and I cannot watch anything in streaming :(

5. sasagr thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry I do not know what you are talking about... What is the PSU plug, 2-3 prong?

Can you give some more details?
    Thanks for your help

6. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

Weird, I have the same MPB connected with a monoprice adaptor to a sony 32s3000 and with optical audio (maybe the issue is when sending out sound out the hdmi which I can't try since the adaptor is not capable of that). Try bringing it back to the store where you purchased it because it seems to be an adaptor problem rather than a mbp problem.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Use the cord extension with three prongs on the Macbook's power adapter instead of the little two-prong attachment. PSU = Power Supply Unit. Doing this is how you see if there's an issue with grounding or polarity between the Macbook and the display that might be causing the problem

8. sasagr thread starter macrumors newbie

You are Great!!! It worked!:):):)

9. Timur macrumors 6502a

Timur

Actually *I* am great for coming up with a solution and deeddawg is great for translating my techno gibberish. :D

10. sasagr thread starter macrumors newbie

I am sorry... but I have to say that I did not solve the problem at all.. It worked but I think it did only for a lucky combination of effects.
    I mean, it is not working normally, it works only if I move the cable in the adapter at its end from the miniport side. I think it is defective.
    But I am wondering... how this defect can affect the internet connection (even Wifi)?????
    By the way if this is the case... what should I do? I bought it via ebay from the States.

Please give me some suggestion.

Thanks to all

11. sasagr thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved!!!

Hello Guys. I found the solution. I contacted the Moshi Customer Support and the gave me a solution that is working fine form me.
    Please read this for more details:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2346382
    As you can see it is a common problem and it is cause by an interference between the HDMI connector and the WiFi signal. In many cases (like in mine) it is enough to change the frequency of the WiFi signal i.e. it is enough to change the Channel in the router, it doesn't matter if you are using an Apple AirPort or another Router.
    Try and see.

Thanks to everybody in any case for your attention.
    See you
    :)

12. ZenErik macrumors 6502

Glad you have a solution. I have the same adaptor and it works great. :)