Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter with LG Plasma

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by LadyX, Dec 31, 2012.

1. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

I use a Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (with audio) to connect my MacBook Air to my LG TVs. One is an LCD the other is a wall-mounted Plasma. Both have HDMI support. I've always used the LCD to connect my MacBook but never the wall-mounted plasma. I decided this time to connect to the Plasma as the display is bigger. I connected the HDMI cable that I use for my satellite receiver in the Moshi, the other end of the cable is already connected to the TV. The HDMI cable is different from the cable I connect my MacBook to the LCD. But as you see, I only get a wallpaper and the cursor. I tried restarting my MacBook and I also turned off/on the TV but to no avail.

Attached Files:

2. Puonti macrumors 6502a

The only thing I can think of is that for some reason the never-before-connected-to-your-Mac plasma is being handled like a secondary display rather than mirroring your laptop display. Or if you've used the LG LCD as a secondary display rather than for mirroring, OS X has determined that this plasma is not the same display and thus will not automatically show you whatever windows you have previously had on your LG LCD.

Are you able to drag a window to the "secondary" display (plasma) from your "primary" display (Air)?

3. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

I'm sorry but what do you mean by "drag a window"?

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

Open a window of any program on your MacBook Air, click and drag it offscreen to the right and see if it displays on your plasma.

Chances are it's being used as a second display, meaning it's treating your MBA's screen as the primary display and the plasma as a second screen.

Try going into the display settings on your MBA and see if you can set it to mirror on the plasma.