Mini DisplayPort to HDMI problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jalaska13, May 9, 2011.

1. Jalaska13 macrumors newbie

So I recently bought a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable (http://www.amazon.com/Mini-DisplayPort-HDMI-Adapter-Cable/dp/B003OC6LWM/ref=cm_srch_res_rtr_1) for my 15" MacBook Pro, bought in late December of 2009. I tried hooking it up to the HDMI ports on my LG TV (I don't unfortunately remember the model, and I can't find the documentation). The mac screen goes blue to adjust, stays the same resolution as it was beforehand, and then will ocassionally blip every 10-20 seconds or so, but the TV says no input. Ideas? All of the reviews on Amazon say that it works perfectly for people with their MacBooks: http://www.amazon.com/gp/community-...ity-reviews&idx.asin=B003OC6LWM&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

2. BubbaJones macrumors regular

BubbaJones

What do you have the output resolution set to? Maybe your TV can't handle it. Check the documentation for your television.

Maybe your cable is faulty. Can you verify it using another TV/Monitor?

3. Jalaska13 thread starter macrumors newbie

I got two cables, and neither worked, so I seriously doubt that they're both faulty. I didn't try changing the resolution - I'll try that when I get home. My concern is that when I hooked it up using VGA, if I had it on the wrong resolution, the TV would display the error message "Input Not Supported" (or something to that effect). However, with the HDMI cable, it simply said "no signal."

4. Incara macrumors newbie

Solution?

I'm running into the same problem, has anyone found a solution? Specifically the person who had the problem in the first place? I'm hoping that months later someone's figured it out.

5. Jalaska13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry. I gave up b/c it wasn't that important for what I needed it for.

6. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I've seen multiple reports of LG HDTVs not playing well with recent Macs.