Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter from eBay Trustworthy?

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
You never know with anything on eBay because anybody can sell there. If you want a low cost no risk choice, try monoprice.com. I've had no problem returning stuff there that hasn't worked out.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
Singapore
i purchased a DP->DVI adaptor (for iMac), and no dice. dont trust them unless they have been tested properly.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
It's an analog adapter. In analog technology, you need good cables and shielding, else the image on the screen distorts and doesn't look nice. I bought my adapter from Apple when I purchased my Mac Mini.

When it comes to analog audio and video, the best you can buy isn't good enough. Everything else is good with cables/adapters from eBay.

cedricbd

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2010
all cable adapter

Well I bought a mini to HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort adapter about 2 weeks ago from a power seller named "all cable adapter" on ebay. This 3 in 1 ended to be cheaper than most of the other DVI only adapters I found (even if it shipped from Hong Kong). The quality of the thing really impressed me (for that price I was expecting mostly a not-so-good-looking-but-still-working kind of adapter) and it shipped faster than many other orders I made from the US (and actually shipped faster than another order I placed on the same day, shipping from ontario (canada) to me in quebec (still in canada)...)

I ended up plugging my display on HDMI and it works just fine.

The only bad feedback I can give to that seller is the more-than-poor quality of his english.. but hey; this guy comes from hong kong...

This adapter might suit you :
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-displaypor...ps=63&clkid=6532882081349820891#ht_3966wt_913

but he has many different mini-to-vga cables and I'm not quite sure about the differences, so you might want to double-check.