Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rs7, Feb 1, 2009.

1. rs7 macrumors regular

In a month or so I'm going to need to do a Keynote presentation with a projector. I have the new MacBook, so I need the Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter. It doesn't seem to be getting good reviews though (many saying it doesn't work for them). I will not be able to test it out with the project until the day of the presentation. Is there any other way to connect the MacBook to what I assume will be a basic projector?

Thanks

2. og1 macrumors regular

almost all the neg reviews involve people hooking it to a tv. i cant imagine you having any trouble with just a projector.

3. anthony691 macrumors newbie

I've actually experienced a bit of trouble with this.

It took a lot of (re)detection on the part of both my MacBook (w/ DisplayPort VGA adapter) and my (ancient) NEC LT-80 DLP projector in order for them to play nice.

4. pirategenes macrumors newbie

I've had quite the opposite experience- maybe your problems have something to do with the specific project you were/are using.

To the OP: I used my alu macbook hooked up to a projector (via mini DisplayPort to VGA connector) every week for an entire semester and experienced zero issues.

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

In my experiences, the VGA adapter works fine with LCD monitors and projectors; however, it doesn't work with large LCD TV's.