Mini DisplayPort to VGA and HDMI

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sKiZZiT, Apr 18, 2010.

1. sKiZZiT macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm gonna get the new MBP 13" really soon, and I'll need the Mini DisplayPort to VGA and to HDMI cables. Where, besides Apple Store, should I get these cables? Reliable, cheap ;)

Thank you!

2. sKiZZiT thread starter macrumors newbie

Erm, DealExtreme? MonoPrice? Amazon? Which one's good? Prices are almost alike, so that doesn't really matter much... In terms of reliability, which one?

3. iamKamil macrumors member

iamKamil

4. bigdrunk92037 macrumors newbie

Monoprice is tops. I have purchased tons of various cabling, wire, banana plugs, etc for my home theater. Everything has been top notch qualitywise up to this point.

5. snouter macrumors 6502a

6. WisdomWolf macrumors regular

I agree with this statement. However, I have yet to see anyone get audio working with the monoprice mDP -> HDMI adapter so I'd wait to see if someone gets it working if that's important to you.

7. sKiZZiT thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, that's very important! Anyone bought it from monoprice, and tested it working yet?

Thank you!

8. hypermog macrumors regular

9. millertalent macrumors newbie

Okay this may be a stupid question, and as a first time apple user (on friday when my macbook pro ships), so don't get angry if this comes off as dumb.
    On the monoprice website it states ...NOTE* AUDIO: This adapter will support audio only if your source device allows audio output through the Mini DisplayPorts interface. If you're not sure, please check with the manufacturer or website to confirm if your device allows audio out through the Mini-DP interface.
    So my question is does the new macbook pro 15 inch model support audio output if I buy the MiniDisplay Port to HDMI Adapter off of monoprice?
    Thank you so much

10. cronin1024 macrumors newbie

11. millertalent macrumors newbie

lol no i just sound stupid because the post above my original one answers my question, and it was not there when i was posting my original message haha

12. hypermog macrumors regular

Here's where I got that information from

13. MACMBP macrumors newbie

Is that HDMI to Mini DP cable compliant with Mini DP 1.1a?

14. millertalent macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for the help :)
    I love this website, I've been lurking this site everyday since before christmas waiting for the new macbook pro's to come out. Now that they have and i ordered it I have actually had to make an account to ask questions regarding it. And with every single question I have always gotten a super fast, easy to understand, reliable answer to my problems.

So I'm just saying thanks to you guys/girls in this thread that have helped me out and to know that I really appreciate your knowledge about macs and your willingness to help the less tech savvy like me. :)