mini dvd stuck into mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fanenis, Sep 20, 2008.

1. fanenis macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

as a new mac user I didn't know you can't use mini dvd so I did it. It got stuck and after trying everything I could find on the internet I took my mac to the store. When I got there and took the computer out of the bag it was in, I noticed the mini dvd margin was coming out of the dvd slot, so I just pulled it out.We all had a good laugh.....

So people, try that before taking it to the store: turn it of, place it with the dvd slot downwards, shake it a little and maybe you are as lucky as I was.

Peace man peace.....!

2. ashrawrmoo macrumors newbie

I did the exact same thing and tried everything, before taking it to the store I saw this post and even though it sounded completely ridiculous I turned it upside down and shook it...It worked! I would definately try that before spending tons of money on people opening up the laptop and pulling everything apart.

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

MacBook meets Etch-a-Sketch. Hey, now there's an interface idea for the new MacTablet... *scribbles furiously*

4. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

In the old 'gumdrop' iMacs there used to be a spot that you could stick an unfolded paperclip and basically "purge" the computer if you will. :D;)

Not sure if that's still around.

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

That won't work if the drive can't physically contact the disk to eject it. Mini DVDs are simply too small for the drive's eject mechanism to engage.

6. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Oh I thought.....oh well

What ever happened to Mini DVDs??? They were the next big thing for a year or so and then poof. :confused: