mini-dvi and mini-display stuff to DVI (!!)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ilciqa, Mar 30, 2009.

1. ilciqa macrumors newbie

Hey guys, i'd like a small helping hint here...
    i just bought an LCD TV screen...ordinary 32"
    i own the new white macbook.. :apple:

i want to connect them obviously...
    i've seen like 20 videos about this thing and read like 20 threads about that...
    BUT still i'm confused...

most people insist that someone needs to buy a mini-dvi to dvi adapter, then a dvi to hdmi cable and he's fixed...

although, in some videos i watched, those guys seemed to use a mini-display adapter to macbooks.. and i realised that by the looks of dvi component (edge)...

in mini-dvi to dvi the metallic part is viewable, while on the mini-display to dvi the metallic edge of the dvi part (i repeat that) is hidden under the plastic cover (female)...[if someone goes to apple store they say that the mini-display is for macbooks...(??!!)]

so my question is.. which one after all?
    i was about to order the mini-dvi to dvi and then a (belkin) dvi to hdmi cable... but is that the right way or the second i mentioned?
    and what i'm worried about is that ordering from the internet, doesn't give you a close look to see which part has male end and whether the other one is female...

any help to starters? :confused:
    thank you...

2. zotes24 macrumors regular

zotes24

3. ilciqa thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you man..
    but i was more asking about the differences of those two.. so to exploit as much more as i can get from either of 'em...
    i don't worry about the sound.. i know the solution.. jack >> 2 RCA's...
    too many cables.. but what the hell.. i'm not doing in every day...