Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YoNeX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Are there any Mini-DVI to DVI-I cables? If there are, any US retailers (Los Angeles) or online stores that sell these?

I have a MacBook (Mini-DVI) that I want to output to my Dell 2007WFP (DVI-D), a connector I can get from the Apple Store (Mini-DVI-> DVI-D). But I also want to be able to get Mini-DVI to output to be able output via VGA so I can attach it to my HDTV (VGA) also. So I'll be needing a Mini-DVI -> DVI-I and a DVI-I -> VGA cable to do this?

dvtd6.jpg

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
No, you can only get a miniDVI -> DVI-D or miniDVI -> VGA

You'll need one of each to do what you want to do.

Just plug miniDVI -> VGA adapter onto the VGA cable for the TV and leave it there so you can just plug it in when you move the MacBook over to the TV. Same with the Dell display - that way you don't have to cart around the adapters, they'll be in the right place at the right time.

YoNeX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Well, I was trying to avoid having to buy another Apple adapter, all the cables would be sitting on the respective TV/monitor, it just comes down to how many adapters I'll have to get. Looks like no Mini-DVI -> DVI-I?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.