Mini DVI to HDMI

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wrinkley Dog, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Wrinkley Dog macrumors newbie

I have connected my macbook to my LCD TV using the Mini DVI to HDMI connector and all I get on the TV screen is my macbook wallpaper?

After some time I have managed to display the Preferences panel and cursor but cannot get it to act as a monitor for any other application.

Any ideas please?
    :)

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

But you're able to drag windows from the MacBook's display to the TV, aren't you?

You can also set the external display (TV) as a primary display via System Preferences > Display > Arrangement.

[​IMG]

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

What do you mean all you get is your wallpaper? I think if you're using you MB screen and it's not in clamshell mode then you should know that it will span your desktop instead of mirror it. Go to system preferences and turn on screen mirroring. Also FYI, the hdmi connection from a Mac is video only. That's Apple's OSX limitations.

Edit: I'm slow. :eek:

4. Wrinkley Dog thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks David, display now on tv screen - easy when you know how?

Is there any way I can get the sound onto the tv now - sorry, not very pc am I?

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You can go mini toslink to optical if you have an optical input. Otherwise I think you'll have to check monoprice for a suitbal cabel that matches your TV connections. Most likely something with RCA.