Mini, g5 and peripheral switch?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by senseless, Jul 23, 2011.

  1. senseless macrumors 68000


    Apr 23, 2008
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I want to use the new mini and my g5 tower together with the same monitor, keyboard, mouse and printer. I have to keep the G5 for non- Intel and OS9 apps. What kind of switching device do I need? The G5 has dvi or VGA out.
  2. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

    Jul 14, 2004
    Do a search for "KVM switch" and see what's available. VGA-based devices are cheaper but you'll get lower display quality.

    You should be able to set up printer sharing on one Mac so you don't have to get it involved with the KVM switch.

Share This Page