Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
New York, NY
OK, here's what I think.... You should get a mini and not a iBook. I don't know why you would buy an iBook for the same price as a mini that is so much worse than the mini. You already have a monitor so just go with the mini. It will be a quick fix untill your intel Mac in 06. By the way I have an iBook and I plan on buying an intel powerbook as well. I'd say the mac mini is your best bet, and as with your girlfriend, good luck!

altivec 2003

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2003
Texas
latergator116 said:
I would avoid the G3 iBooks, but if you end up getting one that fails due to logic board issue, Apple should fix it for free, even if it is out of warranty. Still a good idea to stay away from them, though (I have a 700 mhz iBook and the board has failed twice.)
Yikes, thanks. That will greatly influence my decision. Even considering it is free, I hate giving up something for a few weeks (I just recently sent in my iPod for a new battery. They screwed up and didn't engrave the replacement, but there was no way I was going to wait another 2 1/2 weeks after just sending it in).
It's beginning to look a lot like mini.

altivec 2003

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2003
Texas
I think I have decided what to do (about the computer :p). I am going on vacation in about a week or so, and won't be using whatever new computer I might get anyway. So I think I'll wait until I get back (early August), and then see if there are any rumors for an updated mini by that time. While I think current incarnations of the mini are plenty fast, I wouldn't mind more memory. I am a little reluctant to go from 640 megs to 256 in an "upgrade". I also would like a 80 gb hard drive (or something over 40) in the cheaper mini, but that might be asking too much :)

Sound good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.