Mini (ilife) help

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by aaron427, Aug 6, 2011.

1. aaron427 macrumors newbie

I just purchased a used mac mini. It came pre-installed with lion and a couple of other things. Guy said it came with ilife, but it isn't on there.. Ugh.. My question is how I can tell if it is on the original cds? And if it is can I install even though it is running lion and not the original OS? I am pretty new to macs and didn't want to wipe out all of my new settings and such. I am using the mobile mouse app and love it! I really like the user interface. Thanks for any help you can provide with this.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Normally Macs come with re-install disks, which is a pair of grey DVDs. iLife is on those disks, but I can't remember if it's first disk or 2nd disk.

You should be able to install just iLife from the re-install disks.

3. aaron427 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

I did see the two disks but wasn't sure if would do anything to my settings or lion. How can I tell what disk it is on?

4. YanniDepp macrumors 6502

YanniDepp

One disc will be the OS. One disc will be iLife. You want the Applications disc, not the System disc.