Mini is A Kitch Word

Bushy162

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
I don't mean to be a bore, but mini is quite a tasteless name when it comes to technology.

Do you guys agree?

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
I don't mean to be a bore, but mini is quite a tasteless name when it comes to technology.

Do you guys agree?
Please name some products that DON'T fit your definition of kitchy because pretty much every product name sounds silly when its new but become acceptable because a good product defines its name.

Supra. OSX Mountain Lion. Starbucks. Beats by Dre. MagSafe. Iron Man. MacBook. Pinterest. AirPort Extreme. iPod Touch. And lets not forget about the "iPad" and it's endless naming problems. The reason that everyone quit with the crude name jokes and chose to defy Apple by improperly referring to it as the "iPad 3" is because it's a product we WANT to talk about without the obstruction of immature name calling or confusing marketing descriptor. So when it comes the the iPad Mini/Air/Nano then if the product is solid then nobody will oppose it's name because they'll be more interested in talking about what it does.

Last edited:

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
I'm betting (two ¢) it will be 8" iPad and 10" iPad.
Putting the size BEFORE the name doesnt sound very Apple-like.

My last minute guess is that they'll go with just iPad and allow the salesmen to distinguish them. But IMO, that would be a mistake because at this point there is enough traction on the "iPad Mini" name that if Apple doesnt give an official name then the public will do it for them just like they did with the iPad 3.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Putting the size BEFORE the name doesnt sound very Apple-like....
Didn't mean the actual name would be "8 inch iPad" but I meant it like: "Do you want a 15" MacBook Pro or a 13" MacBook Pro?".;)

Looks like it will be Mini though. Glad I only bet 2¢.
...but mini is quite a tasteless name when it comes to technology.

Do you guys agree?
I already own one...:eek:

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Mini is a cute name. Some people name their children this wonderful name.

Mini makes you think positive thoughts. Mini is good for you.

You like mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.