Mini keeps shutting down when in sleep mode!!

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by finn313, Aug 5, 2009.

1. finn313 macrumors newbie

Jul 22, 2008
    So this past week when my mini hasn't stayed in sleep mode, it shuts itself down about a minute later after being in sleep mode. I haven't changed any of my settings in a year and a half, normally it would stay in sleep mode until i come back to it and logged on again. When it does shut down i just cannot power back on i have to unplug the adapter then replug it in for it to start up again. I've searched google and on here for possible ideas. I wouldn't think it to be overheating since I'm not running any applications when i put it in sleep. It might be the power supply since i have to do that process to get it to work again. Let me know what could be causing this or ways to troubleshoot this problem.
  2. ninabear macrumors newbie

Aug 26, 2009
    Did you find out what was wrong? I'm having the same problem with my power mac g5. 2 1/2 years ago I had to get the power supply replaced because it kept shutting off & eventually couldn't turn it on at all.

But now it's doing just as you described. I'm hoping it's an easy fix....
  3. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

Jun 16, 2007
    Try resetting the SMC. sometimes doing so will resolve all sorts of power issues.