Mini keyboard covers up where I want to type

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by susa, Apr 22, 2013.

1. susa macrumors regular

And it is frustrating and annoying. It happens when I get near that bottom of the yellow notepad and a lot when I want to type in a comment box. Sometimes I can manage by typing a short comment in the notepad, then copy it and manipulate the ipad so that there is a little space to paste my comment.
    Is there any way I can scroll the notepad up so that I can make a note longer than about 3/4 of the page, and/or move the keyboard out of the way? :confused: All I know about the keyboard is how to split it. Can I make it smaller or anything to help. And why won't that yellow notepad scroll up?

2. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

3. susa thread starter macrumors regular

That doesn't work any better. As soon as I remove my finger(s) the page flips back to where it was. . . . I can scroll fine on this forum for e.g., but it gives me grief on a lot of pages that want sign in information, and for another eg, YouTube comments, though I can sometimes manage there by turning the ipad.

4. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Try adding new blank lines at the bottom of the page. This will have the effect of pushing the text you want to see up and out from under the keyboard.

Of course that's just a workaround to an issue the needs to be fixed in the OS.

Regards,
    Tom

5. susa thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you Tom :) Yes, I hope Apple fixes several of the idiosyncrisites in the next issue.