mini mac vs. family

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mikeyredk, Jan 13, 2005.

  1. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

    Mar 13, 2003
    so… who else is waiting for the g5 emacs or even the updated g5 powermac.

    I don't need a laptop any more so it will go for more power.
  2. varmit macrumors 68000


    Aug 5, 2003
    I'm waiting for the new powerbooks, not the G5 but just the latest revision. And the 3Ghz powermac, thats when I will replace my desktop.
  3. hcuar macrumors 65816


    Jul 23, 2004
    I'm not so sure we will see a G5 emac very soon. I think it'd be a difficult fit into the product line (now that the Mac mini was released).
  4. solvs macrumors 603


    Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    I liked the idea of the mini. But now that the after-Keynote high is over, it doesn't seem to be for me. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great, and know some people it will be perfect for. But I guess I'll need more.

    1 RAM slot, notebook drives, neither user replaceable. Yeah I know, what do I expect for $499-$599, but still. If it had at least 2 RAM slots and regular size drives, I could overlook the video card and would put my order in right now.

    As it stands, I will be waiting for the updated eMac. Hopefully it will be a G5 with 64MB video card and 2 user upgradeable RAM slots. If not, we'll see what happens with the next iMac or single Tower. There are some good products out there now, but I can wait a couple of months.

    Here's hoping Tiger and a cheaper iPod photo are out by then as well.
  5. mikeyredk thread starter macrumors 65816

    Mar 13, 2003
    i might buy one and crack it open and overclock it
  6. NuPowerbook macrumors member

    Jan 17, 2004
    If the Mac Mini had a better video card, I would have instantly ordered it. As it is, the first Mac desktop I intend to get is a Dual G5 once they hit 3 GHz.

Share This Page