Mini not booting

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by cichlid81, Feb 4, 2012.

1. cichlid81 macrumors newbie

I attempted to install windows on my mini with boot camp. After the partition was created it shut down and attempted to reboot. Now I am getting a "non-system disk" "press any key to reboot" I've tried pressing keys but nothing is happening. I am starting to get concerned that something got really messed up. Please help

2. rocket9005 macrumors newbie

I had this happen too, but I couldn't find a key on my keyboard labeled "any" :D

It appears to be looking for your Windows install disk, so I would put that in and see if it picks up.

If you hold down the option key on your keyboard while you (re)boot the machine all bootable partitions should be listed.

3. Mr 005 macrumors newbie

i had a similar problem. your keyboard doesnt work with the osx main framework whatever its called. im guessing you are not using an apple keyboard?

4. Gary King macrumors 6502

I have this problem, too. I'm using an Apple keyboard but when I hit a random key I can't get past the "Press any key" screen... not that it would help with the error message itself.

I tried repairing the partition with my Windows 7 DVD in my Mac, but that didn't seem to do the trick.

Anyone have any other suggestions?