mini or commodore

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macrumorsMaster, Mar 26, 2010.

1. macrumorsMaster macrumors 6502

I have a fondness for commodore. It was a great PC in it's time, and with the new one coming out I'm considering it. I can have the best of both worlds, plus it's hackintoshible(thought with terrible graphics, same as the old mini).

What do you think...get a mini or a new commodore? The only plus is that you can customize it with a core2quad whereas the mini only has a core2duo, minus is the graphics(x3100 vs nvidia 9400) and the wait till June 1st:confused::eek:

just too bad I threw out all my amiga software(though I'd have no way to transfer it ..hehe)

2. Buzz Bumble Guest

It aint a "Commodore" nor an "Amiga" by any stretch of the imagination. It's just a run-of-the-mill Intel PC, although building it all into the keyboard (except a display) is a rather unique approach these days.

Commodore is long gone and won't be coming back. Destroyed by hopeless management. :(

The fact that they're advertising that you can install Mac OS X on this PC (even though they won't do it for you) could well get them into trouble with Apple.

3. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Gee, let's append a dead computer manufacturer name to our new crud piece and all the old fanatics will leap into it blindly.

The same thing car companies are doing today. "My, a Camaro? Those were so bad in my day, they must be just as, oh, that's disappointing."

Sad.

4. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

AHAH! I KNEW IT!

It's a gimmick! This "new" computer you're looking for has been out for about 2 years already!!! This is just a name-change!!

Say hello to the ZPC-GX31, oops, I mean new Commodore.

FAIL beyond FAIL

5. Buzz Bumble Guest

It's been happening for years now, and it's not just car companies.

Movie and TV makers have been destroying old TV shows / movies with silly, barely-recognisable, new 'versions' that re-use the old name.

Toy makers have also been doing the same, e.g. the resurrection of the Rubick's Cube quickly followed by hopeless new so-called "Rubick's" puzzles.

Even before such stupidty became popular, the "Amiga" name was almost slapped onto an idiotic TV set-top box, and the "C64" name was plastered onto a horrible Windoze PC pre-loaded with an emulator and some games. :(

6. macrumorsMaster thread starter macrumors 6502

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP

7. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

The minute I saw that thing I KNEW I had seen it before.

Yeah, humans are such foolish creatures. Maybe some day genetic research can eliminate the urges to buy NASCAR collector plates and I'm with Stupid tees on a Dollar Store income, and rid us of the need to create a false infallible image around us to appear to be the only perfect family at the country club. Then the prices of old muscle cars would drop to almost nothing and people that actually want to ENJOY them can afford them because they won't be picked off for $60,000 by people that want to park them in a glass case in front of their house as if their money made up for being a wife-beating tax-dodging ******.

I have to rant, it's a necessity :( Maybe genetic engineering can fix that too.

8. macrumorsMaster thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey Mr Cheeto,

Well someone should tell the reviewers out there then. Low end mac is where I read about it, they were the one's who reviewed it and snookered me :D

But it does beg the question, why something like this can have a core2quad put in it, yet a mini can't?:p

9. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

It's not even a question.

Get the mini. Or wait for the refresh. i should think that they will only bump the specs not use any of the quad processors.

A mini core i3 would be nice. With HDMI and a discrete graphics chip.