iPad mini Mini Refurb Availability Date

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BruiserB, Dec 2, 2012.

1. BruiserB macrumors 65816

When do you think minis will start turning up in the refurb store? I would think there will be lots of returns after the holidays....could they show up as early as January? Any history on the normal time from product intro to refurb availability?

2. pommie82 macrumors 6502

3. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

If this forum is any indicator, they have enough now, given all OCD-generated threads about returns.

The people who receive Minis as gifts are most likely not obsessive techno-weenies who first inspect the device for perfect appearance, e.g., "If you hold the device at a 33.538 degree angle to 75w incandescent light source, at 73F, you can just see a 1/16 scratch just above the headphone jack." Then sit staring at a black screen for days looking for light bleeding followed by days looking at a white screen looking for yellow tint, followed by looking at a rainbow of solid colors looking for dead pixels.

No, there's no history. Even MR members have enough of a life that no one tracks this type of trivia. Guess at 6 months after initial introduction.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No one knows really.. The sales volume appears to be high (because its never in stock) and so with so many buyers there will be some that return it. I'd give it a couple of months and we'll see the refurbs become available.

5. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

The trend on other items seems to be four to six months.

However, with the iPad mini, I would only expect a $20 to $30 discount off new.