iPad mini Mini retina power

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macornomac, Dec 19, 2013.

1. macornomac macrumors 6502

Ok just got a new ipad retina cellular. Silly question but is this normal. I boot up the ipad and it shows the apple logo then goes to the home screen then screen goes dark. I have to hit home button or whatever to go back to home screen. My never sleep button is turned on. Is this normal?

2. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

It goes to the home screen and completely bypasses the slide lock screen? :confused:

Pretty sure it should go to the slide lock screen first, even if you don't have a password set. If you don't have a password set, well...I guess that's up to you and if you have any private data you care about. :)

If it goes to the slide lock screen then yes it will turn off after about 10 seconds. My wife's iPhone didn't have a password set for a while and I recall still having to slide to unlock the phone, it just didn't ask for a password since there wasn't one set.

3. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

No i mean it goes to the lock screen. Boots up then shows lock screen for a second then goes dark. I hit home button to wake it. Just wondering because why would it go black should just stay on lock screen till you unlock it.

Yeah my iphone or ipod doesnt do that. Hmmmmm

4. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

No, the never lock/sleep option doesn't apply to the lock screen. It is doing what it's supposed to, why would you want it to sit at the lock screen and never turn off, wasting battery?

Slide to unlock, then the never lock option comes into play.

5. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, it just seems silly you wait for it to boot then it goes to the lock screen which you have been waiting for, then goes dark. It just seems like an extra step. I don't know why it's not in the iphone or ipod. But whatever if it's normal thats cool as long as my ipad isnt wacky.