iPad mini Mini retina value

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Purple.roses, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Purple.roses macrumors newbie

I've come on some hard times, I do not want to sell my retina because I enjoy it but IF I did what be a good price to sell it for on Craigslist? I have the retina mini wifi 64gigs brand new. Btw I checked gamestop they only offered 185 for it,would you have accepted the offer? (Please don't recommend selling it to one of those online send it in places as not only do I not trust them but the process is too long)

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Much depends on the condition and the buyer. Do a search on Craig's list and see what they are selling for. You can also post your mini for sale and ask people to make offers for you to consider and tell them that the highest offer will be accepted at a certin date and time. Kinda like an auction.

Good luck and sorry for the hard times. The world is crazy right now.

3. Infinite Jest, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014

Infinite Jest macrumors 6502

Mini retina value

Best place to get an idea of the price would be eBay. Set up all the the filters correctly for your tablet and also choose sold items and filter order by newly listed to get an idea. Generally if you sell on Craigslist, your best bet would be to get a idea of the eBay price, subtract eBay seller fees and maybe shipping and try to sell it at that price. Or of course you could list it at the eBay price or slightly under as an or best offer, as Newtons Apple suggested. Regardless, that GameStop offer was incredibly low as I'm sure it sells used for well over $400.

4. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Ya gamestop and other resale stores do not give you much. For body bang for your buck selling to a friend or acquaintance are good options. So is Craigslist.

I've had good luck selling on Craigslist before ie selling my mini retina. Met them at a Starbucks. Buyer turns out to be mom, dad, and a two toddlers lol. Interesting meeting and good people. They were sending it to their grandmother.

5. Purple.roses thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah gamestop was ridiculous, bestbuy I think was only $300 but on a gift card so that wouldn't work. Can't sell to family and friends because they are all struggling and I want the money up front not payments plus you know how it is when selling to family lol.

Thank you I will try out you other ideas if I decide to sell.

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

$300 would be a good price to sell it quick on Craigslist. If you can afford to hold out for the best offer then you could probably get closer to $350.

7. aneftp macrumors 601

A 64gb mini retina wifi is $599 msrp.

Considering there are lots of sales. Target just had one last week with $100 gift card (essentially treated like cash to many people who shop at target). Effectively making the 64gb wifi model seem like it was $499.

You'd be lucky to get $450 for a 7-8 month used super mint iPad mini retina 64gb wifi.

Most people on the user iPad mini retina market really are looking at the low end $300 range at most and frankly your 64gb doesn't hold that type of value unfortunately.

Would have been better off buying 16gb wifi retina model for $399 and reselling it for $250.

8. Purple.roses thread starter macrumors newbie

9. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Check out swappa.com, they're selling between 295 and 375 at the moment.

11. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I know you don't like those send it in and wait type deals. Buuut Gazelle is pretty quick on the turn around. I sold off a 2 year old Macbook Pro and within about a week had the check after shipping it.

If you sell on Swappa it can be a slow sale, and Gazelle would probably be quicker. Craigslist would be your quickest option but you are going to have to weed through low ballers and scammers.

12. itjw macrumors 65816

If you don't like the online services and won't take the time to sell on eBay or Craigslist (not sure, but based on the fact that it's not an instant sale it seems like it may be too slow for you) you likely ARE going to take a hit on what you can get by needing the cash that instant.

There are no ways to easily sell an iPad instantly that don't involve selling to a retailer that needs to make a big profit on it to make it worth their while.

Gazelle, on the other hand, may take 7-10 days to send you the funds, but will almost always give you more (in cash at least).

Personally, Craigslist is your best bet. Yes, if you meet Shafiqua on the corner of Nowhere and Ghetto at midnight to consumate the deal you might get robbed, but as long as you aren't moronic (and desperation for cash leads people to do dumb things so I say that in fairness), you'll be fine.

Meet in a safe place. Sell. Get your cash.

You can see what they're going for in your area and price accordingly, but the lower the price the faster the sale (generally).

13. Tortri, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014

Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

On amazon they are selling used for $500. Amazon takes around 15% so after selling you'd get $425 in your bank account. If you want a quick sell, Be the lowest so you'll be the first listing.

Ps if you had already logged into the iPad you need to remove it from you're list of hardware. I know you stated new but sometimes new means I used it for a day or two.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00GQDB2RU/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

14. Z8beema macrumors 6502

Z8beema

This

15. g35 macrumors 6502a

Where I live (in Canada) used 16GB models go for 320-360 on Craigslist. Things are a bit more expensive here but not that much. So I think your 64GB model is worth 350-400 on Craigslist