Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
While the extra portability wouldve been really nice...I am returning the mini in favor of my air. I really cant justify having a full experience iPad and a a retina mini with inaccurate colors and no lte. I mayrevisit my decision when the lte model gets to my house. In any case, to each his own....

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
While the extra portability wouldve been really nice...I am returning the mini in favor of my air. I really cant justify having a full experience iPad and a a retina mini with inaccurate colors and no lte. I mayrevisit my decision when the lte model gets to my house. In any case, to each his own....

So if you have an LTE on the way, why purchase this one and blame it?

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
The color issue is one of those things that only affects people who have both. Looking at the Retina Mini then the screen looks amazing. But after putting them side by side then there is a noticeable difference between the two that I now cannot "un-see". :D

The superior color isn't the only reason I am leaning more towards the Air though. I'm also factoring in the much improved speakers, the more comfortable feel (compared to last gen) and the current pricing structure (Mini jumped in price while the Air is getting multiple discounts).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.