Mini Review-Macessity LapTuk

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SubaruNation555, Dec 7, 2009.

1. SubaruNation555 macrumors 6502

I've had my LapTuk for a couple of weeks now so I decided to post up some impressions.

Basically I needed more space on my desk since I mainly use my MBP with an external monitor. I shopped around for laptop stands and this one seemed like the best product. I got it from OWC for $40.

Pros:
    -My 15" MBP fits underneath perfectly. There is plenty of room to connect/disconnect cables.
    -The stand seems very sturdy. I have a 20" Cinema Display resting on top and there is no sagging. It could easily accomdate more weight.
    -The stand does not slide around on my desk thanks to the non-slip feet.

Cons:
    -The color does not quite match the aluminum on my MBP or my Cinema Display. Not really a big deal but disappointing for the price I paid and for a company that is Mac oriented.
    -Seems a bit pricey for what it is but mac-specific accessories generally are.
    -Not really a fault of the product but the computer does run a little hotter due to the reduced air flow.

Despite the small shortcomings I am very glad I made the purchase. My desk is much neater as a result and I have more space to work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wee Beastie macrumors regular

That seems cool. I am thinking of doing the MBP/external display combo as my next Mac, esp. if they don't introduce a matte display option for the iMac (not holding my breath).

Although, I suspect I'll greedily want all the screen real estate I can get, but this definitely looks like a good solution if space is an issue, or if I already have a good dual monitor setup. I dig it.

So you don't worry about the additional heat or anything over the long term?

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

With all due respect but what did you expect?

4. SubaruNation555 thread starter macrumors 6502

I had a feeling that would be the case but I thought it was worth confirming...