Mini Review of a new convert.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by immortalbeast, Dec 29, 2007.

1. immortalbeast macrumors newbie

Hi,

Had my 17@ intel iMac for 3 days now so thought i would share my experience with you.

WOW!!! I have been a windows man for as long as i can remember and am so glad i changed to mac and os x.

No more spyware, virus's, freezing. I was absolutely fed up of wiping my pc due to the above. It is such a pleasure to do anything now on the mac.

I was a bit worried about not being able to do the things on the mac that i did on windows but have not experienced this. For instance i used utorrent on windows and couldn't find an alternative. I searched the net and found Transmission which in my opinion is leagues ahead of utorrent and is so fast its unreal.

Im not going to bang on but anybody thinking of taking the plunge then DO IT!! , you will not regret it.

Mac Forever for me.

Matt :D

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Welcome to the Mac side of the house. :)

For those areas that you can't find a Windows substitute, there is always emulation via Parallels or VMWare, or you can boot into Windows XP or Vista via Boot Camp.

3. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

I've known several people in real life who've switch to Mac from Windows, and all of them were very pleased with the switch and don't want to switch back.

Enjoy!

4. immortalbeast thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah.

I was going to install paralells but the thought of just using windows now makes me feel off , lol

Matt

5. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

OMG, you are already beginning the transformation! ;) :p :D