iPad mini Mini Screen Warmer (yellower) than iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Roy Hobbs, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Is anyone else's mini have yellowish whites when compared to their iPhone 5? I know the screen on the mini isn't as good but I'm not sure it should be this yellow.

2. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I'd say give it a few days to see if the yellow goes away. I think that's part of the manufacturing process and once the device has been used / aged for a bit, it gets better.

4. Roy Hobbs thread starter macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

I was comparing blank safari pages, the iPhone is a crisp white and the safari blank page on the mini is definitely yellowish.

5. iLukeJoseph macrumors 6502

I have said this in another thread :) But every single time I have heard someone described as "crisp or brilliant" it is actually cause it is to blue (inaccurate).

Take a picture of the units side by side displaying the same white screen. I can tell you which is closer to 6500k. I can't tell you based on a picture if the screen is accurate though, just if it is closer to the proper temp.

6. kirkmc macrumors newbie

7. UKmacman macrumors regular

I posted another thread but I compared the mini to an iPad 2 and there is a big difference. Could live with iPad 2 color but this is really yellow and dark. Anyone else?

8. Dick Whitman macrumors 6502

Dick Whitman

Please not this again. There is no magical break in time or warmer color calibration or any of that nonsense. It's simply a result of Apple using multiple LCD manufacturers to meet worldwide demand and therefore introducing the possibility of color variance across its products. It sounds like you got the inferior LG screen. I would recommend taking your device back to the Apple store, comparing it with one of the Mini's there m, and swapping out for a replacement.

9. hyteckit Guest

10. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

Nope blue white and very white even compared to my ipad 3