Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
Was it a non-warranty dead one, like the Macintrash, or did someone actually spend $500 for a TP dispenser?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
JeffTL said:
Was it a non-warranty dead one, like the Macintrash, or did someone actually spend $500 for a TP dispenser?

Really makes you wonder, doesn't it. But I think they should have mounted it to the wall so it would look like a more profession installation - not just sitting on the shelf....

D

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
I can't tell, but I think (hope?) the whole thing was a joke. If you follow the link to the original site -- which is in French -- you come across this sentence.

Aucun Mac Mini n'a été brutalisé dans cette manipulation.

(No Mac Mini was mistreated ...)

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Hehe! What a sassy bog roll dispenser, I need one.

However, there's no provision to have more than one bog roll in the mac mini, thus requiring you to get up mid toilet (unpleasant) and find some (not nice for rest of family).

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
JeffTL said:
standard applecare is 1 year , it couldnt have been out of warranty.

anyway, I'm sure they put it back together afterwards.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Very nice look, just what every Mac geek needs in the Bath Room. The only problem is the expense and wast of a great little Mac. Apple should think about just selling the case for that very purpose, how about $49.95?

It would look awesome along with the Cube tissue dispenser. Would still like to get a hold of one of those.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
You people will buy anything Jobs throws at you. What next, iPoop? Everyone knows you can get an Dell dispenser that's faster and much cheaper. For what Apple charges, you can get a the Dell desktop and portable model. In either case, iGary will have something to spit the vomit in his mouth into.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
rdowns said:
You people will buy anything Jobs throws at you. What next, iPoop? Everyone knows you can get an Dell dispenser that's faster and much cheaper. For what Apple charges, you can get a the Dell desktop and portable model. In either case, iGary will have something to spit the vomit in his mouth into.

Been looking for something!

:D :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
rdowns said:
iPod socks are certainly an option.

In my experience with Emesis the iPod sock would not meet the challenge. The recycle bin would be a much better choice. :D

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
rdowns said:

Yeah, but doesn't looks this nice :D

lem0n

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Milano...
I think the hardware was just *carefully* placed inside the bin to take a picture and another picture of the dispenser then the guy would put it back together *carefully* certainly nobody is that stupid :D ... right???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.