iPad Mini vs Ipad Air for Work

Discussion in 'iPad' started by razamin130, Oct 23, 2013.

1. razamin130 macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to get some of your perspectives of bringing a table to work. Which table would be better for work use?

Primarily use: email, PowerPoint, taking notes during meetings.

I love the form factor with the mini, and now it's retina seems like a good deal. However what's the typing experience on it?

Thanks, any advice is highly appreciated!

Regards

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Now they are the exact same thing except for less than 2" more in diagonal screen size and 1/4 pound more weight. Same processor, same resolution. So pick the one you like the best. They will work the same.

I prefer the bigger screen. I got the old mini, but am getting the Air since they made it smaller than the regular iPad. I will use it for 13 days, and if I dont like it, I will return it and get the mini retina. Cake.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Depends on your hand size and preference. Best to go to a shop and try for yourself.

4. silentbob007 macrumors regular

My mini definitely became less of a work machine and more of a media machine. Not saying work is impossible, but it was made more challenging.

5. xNYMetsx macrumors 6502

xNYMetsx

The air because I use it with a keyboard case. Makes it much easier than the regular keyboard.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

As someone else already said, it's totally personal preference. I find it a lot easier to type on the full size screen, but others have found that they find the mini a lot easier.

The only way to really find out is to buy both and try them for a few days. Trying them in the store won't really give you a full picture. However, I will not be responsible if you can't make up your mind and end up keeping both!

7. legioxi macrumors 6502a

I have the current Mini and I don't enjoy working on it that much due to the speed and possibly size. I love reading on it though.

I think I'm going to opt for the Air and if I don't like it, return and get the Mini as another user stated. Since they both have the same processor now, I have to assume the speed issues will be resolved. But with the full size being a lot lighter than before... it might be comfortable to read on in addition to typing on it.

8. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

If you are bringing a table to work, the best thing would be to make sure it's big enough to place on it all the things you wish to use.

9. redman042 macrumors 68020

I use my iPad 3 for the same work functions, and will be upgrading to the Air.

Definitely go for the Air. Note taking on the 10" screen takes getting used to. An 8" screen is just to small.

10. FoundAHalo macrumors member

FoundAHalo

Completely agree. Although I loved my Mini, it was more of a reading/watching device as opposed to a creation device. iPad/iPad Air is bit enough to legitimately type on with two hands. The Mini is closer to typing on an iPhone.
    So, unless you're going to use an external keyboard for notes, definitely go for the Air.

11. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Ditto. Well said.