Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DHart

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
I ordered a new Mac Mini CTO base model, but with 2.26GHz processor (base model, as I will upgrade the RAM and hard drive myself).

I ordered from Apple's website. Just a few hours later the same day I received FedEx notification that the unit was en route to me from SHENZHEN CN. So, Apple doesn't seem to be "custom installing" the upgraded processor as each one is ordered, rather, they have them ready to ship.

I was wondering, though, if any of the Apple Stores stock on site the new Mini with the 2.26 GHz processor. Does anyone know?

pjashley1

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2007
I remember on the last model the retail store in London had a version with better RAM and HDD than the base configs on the website.

DHart

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
I remember on the last model the retail store in London had a version with better RAM and HDD than the base configs on the website.

I'm sure the stores stock models with more RAM and bigger HDD, but it's the upgraded processor (2.26 vs. 2.0) that I'm wondering if they stock.

DHart

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Well.... I guess I'll answer my own question... I still don't know about Apple Stores, but MacMall "appears" to have the 2.26GHz processor model (base & high-end versions) on hand (they do say "call for availability" though).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.