All iPads Mini with Retina Availability at Target stores?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kbutler84, Nov 20, 2013.

1. kbutler84 macrumors regular

I've been calling my local Target every couple of days to see if they have received any of the new Mini's. I purchased an original mini when they had the trade-in offer, and was planning on returning it for the retina mini when they became available. Anyone found one at a Target store yet?

2. comptr macrumors 65816

Nope didn't find one. Just like you I did the exactly the same thing and I have found none in fact in my area they do not have tags for the iPad mini Retina and they have not received their first shipment either. I call every day ask them to check and give them the DPCI number.

3. LuckRunsOut macrumors newbie

I too did the same thing. Bought an original mini and would like to exchange it for a retina mini but no stores have them near me. My target receipt says I have until 2/24 to return it so I'm hoping they will get some in stock before then.

4. cyclesteel macrumors newbie

I did the same thing but bought a mini 1 with the trade gift card. Luckily my Target had 5 white 16 gb rMini's in last Sunday and I grabbed one. I am located in The Philadelphia Suburbs.

5. comptr macrumors 65816

Well I checked with my local target it now seems they have replaced their display case with the newer iPads. They told me maybe this week or next week they may get some in according to the store personal.

6. LuckRunsOut macrumors newbie

Yes my target store also updated their display units. Under ipad mini retina it says "coming soon". I asked around but the employees didn't know when they would be coming in.

7. Tork macrumors regular

Tork

There are 16 GB and 32 GB Wi-Fi rMinis at my local Target. Curious whether they'll carry LTE models in store though... They have LTE Airs, so I suppose it's only a matter of time before they stock LTE rMinis too.

8. jstahmann macrumors newbie

Some of the models of Retina Mini are available on Target online. I had done the same as some of you - traded in my iPad 1 and bought a regular mini to trade in for a Retina mini. I returned the regular mini to the store, got a gift card and ordered the Retina mini online on Tuesday. It came today - 64GB Grey.

9. comptr macrumors 65816

but target.com has No Stock.

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

Guess he got the last one Target.com had. :D

11. thresk macrumors newbie

I regularly check the stock for the iPad Mini with retina and yesterday they seemed to have the 64 GB in stock but none of the other configurations.

12. comptr macrumors 65816

Well I just came from a target store they are now in stock in my area they are holding one for me at another store.