Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Same in Minnesota too. Chicago and KC both have stock, but we have nothing. I noticed that Texas didn't either. What's really odd to me is that even the flagship Best Buy (on 494 right by BB corporate headquarters) didn't get any either. That makes me think it wasn't a BB decision which stores got some.

I don't know about KC, but Chicago is completely dry now from the looks of things.

I was hoping that with stock in Chicago/IL yesterday, that extra day would get them here today, but things look worse than yesterday at this point in time. I've got a 64 gig on order that I can still cancel, but I'd prefer to pick up in store much sooner than the possibly delivery date as far out as December 4th. Furthermore I'd like to pick up in store before my order prepares for shipment and I can no longer cancel.

Here's hoping some stock arrives today to Minnesota, and everywhere else that's dry.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
There are a few Best Buy stores now showing in-stock on their website for the Wi-Fi models in the Dallas area (Midway/LBJ, Lewisville & Mesquite have the 32GB Space Gray for example). That's all I've seen so far locally.

Last edited:

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
There are a few Best Buy stores now showing in-stock on their website for the Wi-Fi models in the Dallas area (Midway/LBJ, Lewisville & Mesquite). That's all I've seen so far locally.

AHA! Perhaps that means Apple should see them soon.....

One can only hope. Apple store is much closer to my office than either of those BBY locations.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
AHA! Perhaps that means Apple should see them soon.....

One can only hope. Apple store is much closer to my office than either of those BBY locations.

There are several more that have the 16GB now, so you might check their website depending on which model you're looking for. It appears to be strictly Wi-Fi only models though, no cellular at all.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
There are several more that have the 16GB now, so you might check their website depending on which model you're looking for. It appears to be strictly Wi-Fi only models though, no cellular at all.

I'm looking for Space Gray 32 GB wifi only. Been checking the Apple-Tracker all morning and so far nothing. But hoping that'll change soon. Willow Bend store told me to check around Noon yesterday so I'm betting Noon today would be a good shot.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
I'm looking for Space Gray 32 GB wifi only. Been checking the Apple-Tracker all morning and so far nothing. But hoping that'll change soon. Willow Bend store told me to check around Noon yesterday so I'm betting Noon today would be a good shot.

Yep, the local Apple Stores get their shipments usually between noon - 1:00 pm from what I've seen before anyway.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010

apple tracker was shut down.

tasset

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2007
Lots of Best Buys show available in north Dallas suburbs (Frisco, the Colony, etc.) At least the 16gb wifi.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Lots of Best Buys show available in north Dallas suburbs (Frisco, the Colony, etc.) At least the 16gb wifi.

If they are still available when I'm heading home from work I'll stop in and pick one up. But still waiting on the Apple Store to get its stock - Willow Bend is literally a few minutes from my office.....

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Just stopped in to the Best Buy in Addison. None in stock and no display unit. An employee told me they "hope to have them in a few days."

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
I'm starting to think BBY would be my best option.....still nothing at any Apple store in Texas....seriously wonky.

Give it a little more time. Even if the Apple Store did get them in today, it takes a bit for them to get loaded into inventory. There is usually a daily update between 1:00-1:30 and another between 5:00-5:30 each day on the tracker for the iPhone 5s models anyway.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Give it a little more time. Even if the Apple Store did get them in today, it takes a bit for them to get loaded into inventory. There is usually a daily update between 1:00-1:30 and another between 5:00-5:30 each day on the tracker for the iPhone 5s models anyway.

Alrighty - thanks for the info. I plan on stopping in regardless after work since its on my way home - that'll be around 5-5:30 so if no update hits at 1:30, I'll check in person this evening.

It's funny - I take my iPad for granted thinking I don't use it enough, but when I'm between models I'm always itching to get one back! I use the crap outa that thing!

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
Alrighty - thanks for the info. I plan on stopping in regardless after work since its on my way home - that'll be around 5-5:30 so if no update hits at 1:30, I'll check in person this evening.

It's funny - I take my iPad for granted thinking I don't use it enough, but when I'm between models I'm always itching to get one back! I use the crap outa that thing!

I know how you feel. I sold my prior iPad mini in mid October and got the new Air on 11/1. Those were a tough couple of weeks going without one!

----------

And.....they're available now at Willow Bend & NorthPark!

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I know how you feel. I sold my prior iPad mini in mid October and got the new Air on 11/1. Those were a tough couple of weeks going without one!

----------

And.....they're available now!

Yup - mine's ordered! WOO HOO!

Available all across Texas - most wifi only configurations everywhere.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
Yup - mine's ordered! WOO HOO!

Available all across Texas - most wifi only configurations everywhere.

Congrats!! There are even some 64GB Cellular models too! Too bad I'm looking for the 32GB cellular myself though (for a gift).

Cool Pup

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Yeah. I was able to get a 64 GB black Mini.

701 N Mesquite Dr. Best Buy has them. They still have some stock left of anything below 64 I believe. Just be sure you're getting the Retina one, because the packaging doesn't display it on the front, only on the back contents area.

Also, I didn't ask if they had any more 64 GBs, but the employees were shocked to learn that they even had any. :rolleyes:

Pic: http://i.imgur.com/mTbe7CP.jpg

oops1975

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Frisco, TX
Here is mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I was already planning on going to the Apple store today to switch out my Air. Now I can't decide whether or not I want a rMini :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.