Minicraft now available for iOS

Discussion in 'iPad' started by foiden, Jan 30, 2012.

1. foiden macrumors 6502a

Bare in mind, it is pretty much a straight bare-bones port with no additions other than simple touch controls added. It doesn't have much anything else outside of the program itself. However, I do see one issue with it. One that makes it a lot easier than it is on the desktop. The underground caverns seem to be lit up instead of being dark and needing lanterns to light the way.

2. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

I have to admit this thing holds no interest for me but my kids are obsessed with it and I was really glad there's an iPad version they can use. They are hooked.

3. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

It's been out for quite a while. Survival mode is coming as are the rest of the blocks and eventually crafting.

Source: Minecraft Forum

4. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

It's been out for quite a while. Survival mode is coming as are the rest of the blocks and eventually crafting.

Source: Minecraft Forum

Just to be clear, the new release is Minicraft, not Minecraft. I downloaded it; it's pretty basic, which is to be expected for a game that was created in 48 hours.;)

5. foiden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep. This is Minicraft. The one Notch made for the 48 hour competition. The guy, who got permission to freely distribute, behind bringing the iOS port of it is on touch arcade. He's already supplied an update for a few requested additions to it. The next update will have. Multi-touch. (whenever the update appears in the AppStore)

Other updates coming are...
    1. Load / Save
    2. Sounds
    3. Game Center - Highscores / Achievements.

I made the suggestion to fix the lighting for the underground as it's supposed to be dark unless there's a light source used to light sections. (Or you're carrying a light)

6. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

7. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Better than I did - I didn't even notice the "typo" - I simply read it as minecraft.

Oops. :eek:

8. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009