Minidisk Stuck

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by magily11, Jul 26, 2010.

1. magily11 macrumors newbie

Hey MacRumors Forums,
    I dun goofed. :eek:

I was trying to see what I could do with a minidisk and now it's stuck in the side of my MacBook Pro.
    What do I do?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Try and tip the computer on it's side so that the disc drive is facing down while pressing eject, try poking a credit card or something in the slot (but keep hold of one end) and press eject (to try and trick the drive into thinking it's a full-size disc), or apply some double sided tape to said credit card, poke it in the slot, and hopefully it'll stick to the disc and let you slide it out.*

For future reference, slot-loading DVD drives can only handle full-sized discs :eek:

*All of these are serious suggestions I've seen on these forums. I've never tried them myself and hold no responsibility if they don't work - but other people seem to have gotten some success from them.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

[​IMG] :confused:

Or you mean a mini CD (or DVD)? These are not supported. It says so quite clearly in the manual. Inserting them in the drive can cause permanent damage to the optical drive mechanism.

4. magily11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I tricked it with a cheap blank disc, I managed to get it out no problem.