Minidisplay port to VGA adapter

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sculfort, Sep 16, 2009.

1. sculfort macrumors member

Hey guys i found the minidisplay port to VGA adapter on the apple website for $29.00. Any other websites that you can buy just a generic one for cheaper? ( i think this is what is needed to hook up a new macbook unibody to a monitor right?)

thanks

2. chown33 macrumors 604

Google keywords: mini display port to vga

Be sure to read past the first result.

3. rtheb macrumors 6502

The Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter can be bought at Monoprice.

But if your display has a DVI then don't use VGA!

Get the Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter which can also be bought at Monoprice.

4. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

Mac sure you get the right one for your model computer.

I'm pretty sure the configuration has changed since the MacBookPro 13" came out.

5. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

Why are people on MacRumors forums so know-it-all and utterly unwilling to be helpful so often? :confused: Of all the forums I frequent it's really the worst here. Is it low average age, or are Mac users just exceptionally angry by nature? Car and motorsports people are certainly more friendly and eager to help.

Anyway, ignore the Google geniuses. Monoprice is a great place to look for all kinds of cables, adapters etc. that are good quality at a fraction of the price. That's not necessarily obvious with a Google search.

The Monoprice adapters work just fine, at a fraction of the Apple price. I just got the Mini Displayport to DVI adapter for less than $10. Looks like the VGA one is more, but still less than Apple's.