Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyjoneski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
Hi all, I've been searching around the net for days and i have had no luck even google couldn't help me to a degree.

I have been looking at getting a 24" Cinema display for my macbook as i have started editing more and more photos, the only thing is i don't want to buy a monitor that will only work just on my macbook ( just incase a new form of display output comes along which it seems to at the moment, meaning i am stuck with a £500 + display ) and i want to upgrade to that.

I've searched around for a female display connection for mini displayport to HDMI/DVI/VAG so on and so forth. ( I know that VGA wont output audio neither will DVI I'm just trying to find a female to another output ) all i have been able to find is Mini Displayport Female to Displayport Male Adapter Cable does anyone know where i could find one to hdmi? or does it just not exist?

The only other alternative is to buy a different monitor, but i am a big mac fan boy and love the design of the 24" display. If anyone could help me that would be great.

Thanks

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Does your MacBook have Mini Display Port? If it doesn't, there's no way to get 24" LED display to work.

andyjoneski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
i know that, i am just wondering if i ever wanted to run it though any other computer or mac is there any cables which can convert.

I've searched around for a female display connection for mini displayport to HDMI/DVI/VAG so on and so forth. ( I know that VGA wont output audio neither will DVI I'm just trying to find a female to another output ) all i have been able to find is Mini Displayport Female to Displayport Male Adapter Cable does anyone know where i could find one to hdmi? or does it just not exist?

Basically i would like to know if anyone makes a female minidisplay port to Hdmi

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
i know that, i am just wondering if i ever wanted to run it though any other computer or mac is there any cables which can convert.

Basically i would like to know if anyone makes a female minidisplay port to Hdmi

Nope. Only Macs with Mini Display Port works with 24" LED display.

andyjoneski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2008
student discount on the monitor so im looking at around 100£ off, and all i needed to know was, if there was a conversion box existed, hopefully in the future they will produce one which does to HDMI :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.