miniDisplayport to Component HD video... how to?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by northernmunky, Nov 20, 2009.

1. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

I've got a Macbook Pro here that I need to have display a HD conforming image onto a TV screen but it has to go through a Y-Pb-Pr RGB Component cable.

I've already got a miniDisplayport to VGA adaptor but can get another one if needed. Anyone have any advice on the best way to go about this?

cheers all!

2. northernmunky thread starter macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

Thanks for the info! I have both of those cables but it unfortunately didn't work, reason being the miniDispalayport to DVD-D adaptor was exactly that.. DVI-Digital and has some extra pins that doesnt allow it to connect to the breakout cable. So I was trying to connect the DVI-D to a DVI-I breakout cable.

I've ordered this now:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-DP-DisplayPort-to-DVI-I-Adapter-For-Apple-MacBook_W0QQitemZ280394951296QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_Apple_Mac_Accessories?hash=item4148d76a80#ht_2151wt_882 which 'should' be correct, a miniDisplayport to DVI-I to DVI-I to component.

Although I'm now confused again because your link took me to a DVI-A breakout cable... so it may turn out this is wrong again. I'll do some more research and find out when it arrives.