Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
Wow, that's an impressive amount of time and care used to make something that is so unnecessary and, in my opinion, mostly tacky.

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 262

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
What a horrendously ugly case. And not particularly minimised is it? :rolleyes:

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
dietcokevanilla said:
What a horrendously ugly case. And not particularly minimised is it? :rolleyes:
Yes, well thats one thing I can stand, people who think they need LEDs everywhere and a little portal to see the the inside... And that is quite big comparted to the Mac Mini, but then again no other computer compie that I know of has mastered the small size of the Mac Mini with the same type of features... This would be far nicer if it was just the G5 case just cut, and not added goofy things every where... I'd take a Dell Case over this :eek:

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
What's the point? I would be more than happy if I owned a PMG5, and ruining it would be out of the question. I'm just jealous that he is able to waste a perfectly good mac. Tuh.

::20ROGERSC::

howesey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2005
MacEffects said:
And that is quite big comparted to the Mac Mini, but then again no other computer compie that I know of has mastered the small size of the Mac Mini with the same type of features...
Erm, barebones PC's. Some are smaller than the Mac Mini, and far more powerful.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
howesey said:
Show me a barebones PC that is smaller than the Mac mini.

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
uh...

show me one smaller and FAR more powerful. seriously i want to see it. and one thats not a friggin hack job slaughter.

It looks pretty bad, it would have looked a lot cooler if he had kept the outside normal, and just shrank the whole thing! The saddest part is how the PC modding fan boys are all excited, it looks like crap. The guy who made the mini iMac G5 did a much better job.

My only question is where did he get that case, they are expensive to buy!

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Is this like the kid that tore out all the G5 internals and replaced it with PC stuff because he "hated macs"?

or did i miss something and that was just a G5 case?

happy.buddha

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2005
New Hampshire
gekko513 said:
Wow, that's an impressive amount of time and care used to make something that is so unnecessary and, in my opinion, mostly tacky.

You said exactly what I was thinking, normally I think a little mod is ok, kind of makes a machine stand out a bit, but this guy just butchered to butcher. No sir, I don't like it.

topgunn

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2004
Houston
revenuee said:
Is this like the kid that tore out all the G5 internals and replaced it with PC stuff because he "hated macs"?

or did i miss something and that was just a G5 case?
He later came back and said that he didn't rip out the internals. (He originally said his parents got him a G5 for Christmas but he wasn't a Mac Guy.) He just happened to come across a G5 case and thought it would make a good PC case.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
wow that was a really tacky job :( poor g5... I hope he puts it back together the correct way again.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
I actually really liked where it was going with the watercooling, and the look of it all... until he added that horrible crap all over the front. It looked good when it was a mini G5.

stonyc

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2005
Michigan
livingfortoday said:
I actually really liked where it was going with the watercooling, and the look of it all... until he added that horrible crap all over the front. It looked good when it was a mini G5.
I was going to say about the same thing... as is, he should have just fabricated all of his own parts (which he seems to have the knowledge to do) and created his very own custom case, from scratch.

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
howesey said:

Well, I work with people who one PC Stores and I have never seen such a thing, however if there is please sent me a link. I have seen a Dell Terminal Computer, that has little in it, and it was still quite a bit bigger then the Mac Mini :eek:

Also regarding Power, please don't be confused by Intel's Processor speeds... They are proven to be far slower in 3rd party benchmark tests. AMD is better then Intel, but if you ask me I'd take a G5 PowerPC over anything else :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.