Minimal folio case iphone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheStew, Feb 7, 2015.

1. TheStew macrumors member

Hello all,
    I am searching for a minimalistic black folio case for my iphone 6.
    Right now I got my eye on this one:

[​IMG]
    Jisoncase for the iphone 6

I've also seen this one, but I like it less:
    [​IMG]
    Belkin folio case

Things I am looking for:
    - folio style
    - (all) black
    - slim (don't need extras)
    - minimal look

Does anyone have the jisoncase one? Can anyone recommend similar / better ones?

Thanks!

2. tongefactor40 macrumors regular

3. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

The thing with all standard folio cases, and the ones posted above, is that the flap never stays shut on the iPhone 6 screen. Turn your phone upside down and the flap swings open!

I'm currently using this one:

http://www.proporta.co.uk/ted-baker-4-7-iphone-6-case-hex-black

The beauty of this case and the prime reason I bought one, was purely because of the magnetic closing flap. Its not an overly strong magnet (if you hold the case upside down and shake it hard, the flap will again fall open) but it just enough to keep the flap staying shut on the iPhone 6 screen all the time (even upside down!).

There is also no slots inside for credit cards - another bonus for me as I have never seen the point of those style cases anyway(you buy a case to protect your phone and then you put in credit cards into the internal slots and then close the flap so that the cards then touch the iPhone screen?!?! Whats that about?!!! :rolleyes:)

One awesome slim case!

4. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

The TwelveSouth Surfacepad mentioned above is surprisingly thin if you don't put cards in the cover.

For travel I like a case like this that has an easel mode because it works so nice on the airline tray tables, or coffee shop tables.

But personally, I did not like the attachment system, so I tweaked it by sticking my Caudabe Veil case inside. Also more protection, but still nothing I would want to drop . . .

Here are a few pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. soufflegirl macrumors member

The Piel Frama folios are just lovely and very minimal. Bit spendy though!