Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zord

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
So i've gotta to the place where i'm just tired of Themes. I've been jailbreaking for a few years now (iPhone 2G, 3G and iP4) Themes are all starting to look and feel the same to me. So i have decided to use my jailbroken iPhone for functionally advantages only.

I'm running biteSMS, SBSettings and MyWi. Any other suggestions?

Anyone else out there rocking the "Minimal Jailbreak" iPhone?

SDub90

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Long Island
3g unrestrictor (putting the unlimited data to good use)
mywi
sbsettings (LOVE the toggles - main reason for jailbreak)

not much else is on here.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Got to have LockInfo. Missed calls/messages on your lockscreen and android like notification drop down on you spring board.

Springflash is a great little tweak to use your led light as a flashlight.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
I never touched themes. I've yet to see one that was attractive enough to make the effort.
The only program I install is ultrasnow when I go overseas and need an unlock. However, I'm right now deciding if I want to piggyback my ipad on my iphone's data plan.

declandio

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
London, UK
I have nothing installed. Only reason for JB was to do the tethering hack. No mobilesubstrate, definitely no themes or winterboard or anything else.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I too like this approach. In fact, for awhile there I had way too much stuff on my iPhone, what with gizmos and themes I wasn't even using. I took the time to completely do a fresh restore and installed only the Cydia applications I need (four of them).

The only theme I added and the only one I use is MP2. I haven't suffered any slowdown because of it and I like the clean and smooth appearance of it (without the nagging, off-looking icons others have).

STC

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008
On my 3GS I only have MyWii, 3G Unrestrictor, Shrink, 5 icon dock, and 5 icon springboard. Thats enough for me.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
lots of people probably most keep it simple. I play once in a while but I usually happiest with the basic's (folderenhancement) though is a must for me! :D:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.