Minimal Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Zord, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Zord macrumors 6502

Zord

So i've gotta to the place where i'm just tired of Themes. I've been jailbreaking for a few years now (iPhone 2G, 3G and iP4) Themes are all starting to look and feel the same to me. So i have decided to use my jailbroken iPhone for functionally advantages only.

I'm running biteSMS, SBSettings and MyWi. Any other suggestions?

Anyone else out there rocking the "Minimal Jailbreak" iPhone?

2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

3g unrestrictor (putting the unlimited data to good use)
    mywi
    sbsettings (LOVE the toggles - main reason for jailbreak)

not much else is on here.

3. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Themes are not a reson to jailbreak for me, just one other thing the jailbreak allows.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I've never themed my iPhone. I also never thought that fact was interesting enough to merit its own thread.

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Got to have LockInfo. Missed calls/messages on your lockscreen and android like notification drop down on you spring board.

Springflash is a great little tweak to use your led light as a flashlight.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear you, the only thing I theme/change is my sbsettings look.
    Minimal things I would also go with biteSMS, SBSettings, MyWi, facebreak and removeBG.

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I never touched themes. I've yet to see one that was attractive enough to make the effort.
    The only program I install is ultrasnow when I go overseas and need an unlock. However, I'm right now deciding if I want to piggyback my ipad on my iphone's data plan.

8. gnychis macrumors 6502

pkgbackup is great for backing up jailbreak apps

9. declandio macrumors 6502

I have nothing installed. Only reason for JB was to do the tethering hack. No mobilesubstrate, definitely no themes or winterboard or anything else.

10. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I too like this approach. In fact, for awhile there I had way too much stuff on my iPhone, what with gizmos and themes I wasn't even using. I took the time to completely do a fresh restore and installed only the Cydia applications I need (four of them).

The only theme I added and the only one I use is MP2. I haven't suffered any slowdown because of it and I like the clean and smooth appearance of it (without the nagging, off-looking icons others have).

11. STC macrumors 6502a

On my 3GS I only have MyWii, 3G Unrestrictor, Shrink, 5 icon dock, and 5 icon springboard. Thats enough for me.

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

lots of people probably most keep it simple. I play once in a while but I usually happiest with the basic's (folderenhancement) though is a must for me! :D: