Minimal Smart Cover --Apple's is the best?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by whyrichard, Aug 1, 2011.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hey,

I was wondering what the best Minimalistic smart cover would be... seems like there are a million takes on the subject... should i stick with the Apple one?
    In leather?

thanks!

r.

2. xxxsteveoxxx macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

I would go with apples. I got a genuine apple black leather one on eBay for 40 unopened from a top seller so don't let the price scare you. Also the stories of color leaking and materials coming apart are most likely from the Chinese knock offs. I've no problems with mine. I also use a belkin smoke colored snap case with the smart cover cut out and have a MacBook decal from etsy.com under it and it looks so cool.

3. glen e, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011

glen e macrumors 68030

grey poly smartcover with icarbon.com carbon fiber strips applied - indestructible, never shows dirt or wear. I get comments everywhere I go. PS not a BMW fanboy - I use the pad with Keynote for corporate training for BMW....
    [​IMG]

4. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

looking for a all black slip case... i like the canvass from switch easy or the bear motion case on amazon. I;m just wondering which one to get and i am also looking for a sturdy case such as the otterbox defender but im reading to many negative comments about that one...

5. bobright, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011

bobright macrumors 601

If looking to get a third party smart cover as I'm very tight on money what would be a decent one to get and where?

6. HazyCloud, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011

HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I scored a third party black poly for around 20 bucks on eBay. Check there as it's full of knockoffs.

(I don't use it as I have 2 Apple ones, but it seems good.)

7. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

I have a grey one from apple. Paid retail (dumb, i know) and like it. It works as advertised.

People who complain about it probably expect it to protect against bombs, guns and drops from 1,000 ft.