Minimalistic Multiplatform Chat Client for OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jaysal, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Jaysal macrumors newbie

Looking for a non command line gui based super minimal multi platform chat client.

Possibly one that runs entirely from the menubar.

Looking for super small footprint, no frills whatsoever.

I have spent a great deal of time looking and can't seem to find anything remotely close to this.

(would also be happy to hear about any multiclient chat app that operates entirely from a menubar dropdown)

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. Jaysal thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah thats the closest I've found.. was hoping maybe someones found something smaller or even a modded version of adium.

4. Trance macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I haven't used adium because I don't have a Mac so I'm not sure how small it is though The smallest chat client I tired is Pidgin. http://www.pidgin.im/download/mac

5. Jaysal thread starter macrumors newbie

Trance thanks for the reply Adium is actually a pre compiled port of pidgin for the mac.

I'm pretty sure what I'm looking for doesnt exist.. basically i want pidgin/adium that runs entirely from the menubar as to make it useful while using fullscreen apps.