Minimalstic iPhone 4 Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dkhenkin, Jun 29, 2010.

1. dkhenkin macrumors member

2. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

Griffin Reveal looks similar. Alternatively, you could just get screen protectors with side pieces too. I have a Wrapsol Ultra, and it's great.

3. winstano macrumors regular

Tech21 have announced they're doing their iBand for the iPhone 4... Think I'm gonna go for one of those with an Invisible Shield on the back (possibly the front if it doesn't affect the display too much).. The protection on the iBands is incredible!

4. jallenclark macrumors regular

5. dkhenkin thread starter macrumors member

6. BeckyG macrumors member

BeckyG

This in the pink version looks bad ass.

7. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

^ LOL at pink being badass. :D haa....just joking.

8. dkhenkin thread starter macrumors member

My only problem with that case is the buttons don't look very accessable.

9. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Yeah, I can't even see the volume keys. I can't tell if they actually have the case on an iphone in their pics, or if it's photoshopped.

10. dkhenkin thread starter macrumors member

Yeah the buttons don't stick out at all in the picture. Pretty big fail if that's the case.

11. firteen888 macrumors regular

12. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Sure you can. $0.99 cases are generally a crappy fit and feel like cheap plastic. Why buy a $200+ phone for a crap case like that?

13. Greka macrumors newbie

If you want to go minimalistic and resolve the 4G signal issue, you can cover its steel parts with some transparent coating. Laquer or some soft of a polish. Kind-of a workaround to resolve the antenna issue without any visual changes.

14. ihonda macrumors 68000

you know whats funny, its the SAME exact material/fit as the $34.99 power support air jacket.

15. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

You got lucky then. I ordered a $1 iPhone case off of ebay and it was the worst plastic. I don't prefer plastic cases myself, I want something with a matte feel.

16. SJTrance macrumors member

I had the power support clear air jacket for my 3G, and while it looked amazing for several months, it really started to look scratched up and nasty after that. I ended up using their matt finish back and have been happy with it ever since.

For the iPhone 4, I've just installed the Wrapsol Ultra. It's got some issues that are being dealt with now, but I think they will be the ones you're going to want. That would actually be the most minimal option.

17. firteen888 macrumors regular

If it's crappy, I'll toss it. $1 lost. If it's not, than great, it looks like a nice case and exactly the style I was looking for, very minimilistic. I've ordered inexpensive cases off ebay before and most have worked out great (i'm still using the $9 case i got for my ipad). So I guess we'll see....

Thanks for the correct link ihonda, not sure why mine didn't work.

18. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

Thanks for the link... I just ordered one of these. Seller seems pretty reputable and has really good feedback. I like the look of the clear on black (btw where did they get a white iphone?) and from the pictures they look flexible. I'm interested in your reviews when you receive yours.

19. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

20. herdinoh macrumors regular

21. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

No, they didn't have any other pictures. I assume there is no front, it just covers the back and sides from what I can tell.

22. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I just got Belkin Grip Vue in purple. I love it!!! Very simple. Adds no bulk. Feels nice. Color is transparent so you can still see the phone.

Stay away from Incipio Silicrylic combo. It's a very ugly design for phone. I got it in white n gray just to get something on my phone. I took it off within 10 minutes. Wanted to toss it out the window as I was driving!!!!!! Haha it was that bad.

23. jallenclark macrumors regular

Well my shipping estimate says it could arrive as early as tomorrow so I am looking forward to it. I did go look at the companies website.

http://www.blinkcase.com/Clear-Series-for-iPhone-3GS-iPhone-3G-Cases.html

They don't list any iPhone 4 products yet but this is the same model for the 3GS, anyone out there have this for the 3GS?