Minimize full screen game.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JoshOohAh, Oct 20, 2009.

1. JoshOohAh macrumors member

JoshOohAh

Hello, I was wondering if there was a short key to press when your in a full screen such as a game. For example when I play Cod4, I often get messages on MSN or Skype and I need to physically exit my game to see or wait and hope the person is online when I get back.

2. Meyvn macrumors 6502

The default "minimize" key combination is Command (Apple) + M. But it may differ in CoD 4.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Generally speaking you can't minimize a full-screen application unless that "feature" is built-in. Try command-tabbing instead.

4. JoshOohAh thread starter macrumors member

JoshOohAh

Well I could do it on my Windows side by pressing cntrl + tab. Well I guess I'll have to live with it. So much for user friendly.

Anyways command + tab doesn't work.

5. Meyvn macrumors 6502

If you'd read the previous poster, you'd realize it has nothing to do with Macs. It isn't Apple's fault the software developer who ported CoD4 didn't put a simple minimize function into the fullscreen game. The only things I can think of are trying Command+H, Command+M, or F11 for exposé.

6. JoshOohAh thread starter macrumors member

JoshOohAh

But on the Windows side alt tab or the windows key always minimizes it. So it can be Apple's fault for not implementing it.

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No, it's not. It's the developer's fault for not building in OS X's widely known "Minimize" function into their program. Apple didn't code or port CoD 4 and provides the option of minimizing an application. Whoever did the port obviously didn't take advantage.

8. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

9. Meyvn macrumors 6502

Perhaps he's insinuating Apple should've FORCED every developer's programs to comply?

If that's the case, honestly, we just differ there. Ports are often half-assed endeavors, particularly when they're not done by the original studio/publisher. Just how it goes. CoD 4 wasn't even done by the developers; it was done by Aspyr, an (often poor) porting studio.