Minimize Keyboard in Messaging App

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kal525, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Kal525 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3G S and was wondering if there is a way to minimize the keyboard while in the messaging application. The scenario is as follows:

I start typing a reply to one of my contacts, but decide that I'd like to scroll up to read previous messages before I finish my reply. I can do this in the upper part of the window, but as I type more, the upper window gets so small that it's pretty much useless. At that point I can't find a way to comfortably read what was previously written without deleting the reply I was typing. And even if I do delete what I wrote, the keyboard is still there. The only way to get rid of it is to go back main menu of the messaging app and then re-enter the messaging thread that I'm interested in.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks.

2. m477h3w macrumors 6502

3. actorkid macrumors 6502

4. actorkid macrumors 6502

wow great solution...thank you!

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

yes this works well
    its almost like a minimize button. Once you hit done, the keyboard pops right back up and you can continue typing

6. m477h3w macrumors 6502

No worries, I was please when I found that little nugget! Just got to make sure you press 'Done' when you have finished reading, and not 'Delete All' :eek: