Minimize window in dock issue... [Secrets app]

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ViveLeCorn, Aug 12, 2010.

1. ViveLeCorn macrumors newbie

So I was toying around with this app I learned about recently called Secrets. It's an add-on for your System Preferences. For those who don't know what it is, it easily changes preferences in many Apple apps like iTunes, Finder, etc that Apple didn't make public for change and without you directly using Terminal commands to make the changes. Definitely check it out if you're interested in tweeking your system a bit.

Anyway, so while playing with it, changed some wanted things, and some things which I wasn't sure what they were but decided to change it anyway and see what happened.

I did something to my dock where when you minimize a window open, it'll go down normally into the dock, but instead shows the top left corner of that window rather than showing the whole window. It looks like this when I minimize...

[​IMG]
    [Sample of my dock near the trash bin with Preview, Quicktime, and Firefox docked.]

I want to change it back to the default option where it minimizes and shows the whole window rather than just the top corner. This is bugging me! I can't figure out what I did and went through all the options in Secrets.

Anyone know the Terminal command to change it back to the default or any other alternative to change it back to normal?

[If anyone asks what icons those are in my dock, it's the Litho 2.0 series from Icon Factory.]

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Secrets is a dangerous pref pane for those that use it without know what the settings do. I've read of many cases where people change things at random and have to reinstall Mac. As per your setting I didn't even know such a thing existed.

3. ViveLeCorn thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't really go all crazy touching everything, but as far as Dock modifications, I did click things that I wasn't 100% sure what they did. From my experience using Secrets, it's excellent, but I gotta admit with my dock issue, I'm not sure what I did. It's not the biggest problem in the world, but a bit of an annoyance.

But yes, if you do plan to use Secrets, definitely be sure NOT to mess with things especially in the System area of the app because that's a recipe for disaster if you do that.

4. ViveLeCorn thread starter macrumors newbie

5. ViveLeCorn thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry to bump again but I'm sure someone has an idea... please? Thanks if you can give a hint.

6. AppleCode macrumors regular

AppleCode

Maybe try super docker
    Click on dock then click proportionally . you may have to click it them uncick then re click it again for settings to take affect

7. ViveLeCorn thread starter macrumors newbie

OMG AppelCode, thank you for the solution! It worked! I've been racking my brain the past weeks trying to figure out how to fix the issue. :cool: