Minimize windows into application icon

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jjk454ss, Sep 10, 2009.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Does anyone that uses this feature know what to do with multiple windows of the same app? I minimized 3 Firefox windows, then can only get one back. Is there a way to make this work with multiple windows? I was hoping for a stacks like feature.

2. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

Click and hold the icon on the dock to use dock expose, that will show all the minimized windows.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Yo, you need to go work for Apple. Implementing Stacks into that would be killer.

4. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thank you, that is what I wanted. I found if I right-clicked that I could pull up the windows, but this is a better way.

5. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Well, I just figured that would be the obvious way to do it.

6. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

It would be very similar to the way 7 (and vista to a certain extent) handled windows. And i would love it too.

Other than this issue the thing that irks me the most is that you cant tell at a glance if there are minimized windows or not. If i'm really busy i cant remember if i have multiple firefox windows open or not.

7. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Yeah, a little badge like the iPhone has would be sweet. Just a number added with how many windows are minimized.

8. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Whenever you Exposé you'll see the minimized windows anyway.

9. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

Exactly what Expose needs right now!

That tiny diamond is practically invisible; and certain apps like Firefox don't show it.

It would also help if there is more contrast in this new Dock menu. Light gray on a dark translucent gray background? iSquint! :p