Minimizing Fullscreen Applications

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrMojoKing, Apr 3, 2013.

1. MrMojoKing macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

This a problem that I've had a few times in the past, but right now it has become a bit more problematic, and I was wondering if anybody has any experience in resolving the issue I'm dealing with.

I'm running a fullscreen application (a game), and it's not allowing me to minimize the game in any way. I've tried Command+M, Command+H, and Command+tab, but all of these options have proved unsuccessful. I've also tried to use some of the action keys (F keys), which are also ineffective. This sort of thing has occurred with other full screen games, but I've always been able to access an options menu and switch from fullscreen to windows pretty quickly. There is a windowed mode in this game; however, I can only access the menu through the title menu–not in game, which requires me to exit to the title screen, which ultimately loses any progress made in between levels. I would just play in windowed mode, but the options don't allow me to choose a window size and I often find myself clicking off of the frame.

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to this problem. I've tried to search for one, but I always see the same advice suggesting the Command+M, H and tab keys. If I've missed it somewhere, I apologize and would be grateful to be provided with a link.

Thanks for your time, I realize I probably write more than I need to.

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

If it doesn't following Apple's windowing guidelines the game is most likely coded to behave that way. You'd be better of discussing this with the game-maker.