minimizing windows in leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Laco, May 23, 2008.

1. Laco macrumors 6502

Is there a way to minimize the current window using a keyboard shortcuts? and or to minimize all open windows?

thank you very much....for your time....i often find myself searcing for that yellow button with my mouse so this would save me a lot of time.

2. pyr0sphere macrumors regular

3. Laco thread starter macrumors 6502

haha that was very easy....thank you!....now two more questions

is it possible to open minimized windows with a shortcut?

and is it possible to change the command m for minmizing to something else?

thank you so much!

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

New to OSX and find the lack of a full screen button strange. The + seems to expand to some preset size determined by who? Also what's up with the RED button? On some programs it is a X and closes them but on others it is a 0 and minimizes them. Now doubt this is one area that Windows has a definite advantage (also in the Trash (Recycle Bin) with the fantastic Restore Command).

5. Remiss63 macrumors newbie

Remiss63

Does anyone know a way to quickly open a window to full-screen (or close to it) in the way you can with Windows? That is one feature I always feel like I'm missing on Leopard. I believe earlier Mac OS systems went to full screen.

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Mac OS has never had a full screen button.

7. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

I found a quicker way is to hide windows (cmd+h), then when I go back to them I click the app on the dock or use cmd+tab

8. Remiss63 macrumors newbie

Remiss63

Full screen maximize button in Mac OS

I seem to recall in OS 7, 8, and 9 that in the upper right hand corner there was a "full-screen" button (at least in some windows). I recall the square with two horizontal lines would minimize a window to just it's title bar (on - off action). I believe the square within a square would enlarge and reduce the size of the window (from current to maximum back to current). Perhaps maximum isn't the same as full-screen.

For example, look at the two square buttons in the upper right corner of the attached screen shot with a window.

Attached Files: