Minimum needed to dj on macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gangst, Oct 9, 2010.

1. gangst macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Looking for some advice really. I have wanted to take up dj'ing for a while (cliche i know!), and want to use my macbook pro as my music hub.

i don't mind shelling out some cash for the essentials to get me going i.e. headphones, software, sound card, but I don't want to end up dropping a few G's on Pioneers CDJ's etc. I want to know if I can pick up the basic skills and get off the ground.

I'm a big minimal, progressive house music fan so will be attempting to mix those genre's.

I read the macrumors guide to DJ'ing but it left me with more questions than answers.

I would really appreciated it if people could point me in the right direction for what I need to get going and get the sound through speakers. As I said I expect some initial cost but don't want to end up buying the full kit.

Many thanks for any suggestions and advice!

2. DJ-R macrumors regular

DJ-R

Being a music composer isn't cheap that you might have to invest into some serious equipments.

Starters use Softwares like Native-Instruments: http://www.native-instruments.com

You can buy a kit from them, cost relatively around $100-500 and some from $1000+. You will only have like a mixer. The more customization and tools, the more money you have to throw it into.

3. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

pirate some good software then buy like a re-mixer board or whatever its called from ebay. their, you're now a dj.