Minimum sleeve for 11.6 MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Kachadurian, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Kachadurian macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure this has been talked to death but I can't find the answer.

I'm looking for a bare minimum neoprene or otherwise sleeve for my 11.6 MBA.

No second pockets, no carry strap, It doesn't even need to close. I just want to slip it in and then put it in another bag that doesn't have a padded slot.

Any ideas?

Tom

2. Over Achiever, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010

Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

3. Aboo macrumors 6502a

If you are not in a hurry, it sounds like incase has finally made a 11.6" version of their sleeve. Its neoprene and its pretty well padded, and its something you can slip in an unpadded backpack.

Here is a picture of it:

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H3834ZM/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY

The reason why I say "if you are not in a hurry" is because, availability of this sleeve in the US is still unknown.

4. mixvio macrumors 6502

I've been looking for something that is simply a simple sleeve to protect my 13" Air from scratches inside my bag and I think this is absolutely perfect. I wanted something thin and little more than a skin over the outside of the machine. I just ordered one.

5. Aboo macrumors 6502a

You may also want to look at Radtech sleevz which are more form fitting and cheaper than the sfbags option.

6. flatfoot macrumors 65816

I have a Cool Bananas ShockProof sleeve. It was quite affordable and provides good protection in a non-padded backpack.

7. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I recall some users got an incipio sleeve off of amazon. But could be wrong.

8. pmgmac macrumors newbie

I just got my Tom Bihn horizontal Cache for my Air 11 -- well made, very protective, good fit (I also got their Ristretto for Air 11, which is also great).

link

9. littledude8209 macrumors regular

http://www.nedrelow.com/sleeveforipad.html

i have this one for my 13.3" macbook air. i absolutely love it :D hope this helps ^_^

(scroll down and you will see the laptop options)

10. elwood58 macrumors member

I have the Radtech Sleeve, along with the screen protector, and love them. I carry my MBA in a messenger bag, with a padded area, but wanted something to protect from scratches etc.

It is kind of expensive for what you get material wise, but I am very happy with the purchase.

11. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Does yours fit quite tight for the last 1/2" or so of insertion ( :rolleyes: ) which makes it pretty hard to extract without a lot of effort?

-howard

12. pmgmac macrumors newbie

The fit is snug, but it comes out easily if I just pinch the case at the far side of the flap. The air goes in sharp side first; if I hold the computer from the hinge side with the flap side of the case up, the sleeve does not fall off from gravity, but is easy to pull off with two fingers pinching in the middle (if that makes any sense ...)

13. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Thanks...

Hmm ... mine seems to take "excessive force" to get it all the way into the case so the flap closes flush with the top. Then you really have to pinch it hard to grip it enough to extract it from the case. I was hoping it would loosen up with use, but it doesn't seem to be doing that.

I should probably contact the manufacturer and see if it was perhaps made too tight at the bottom.

-howard

14. mixvio macrumors 6502

Well, the price difference for the 13" Air is like four bucks, so I'm not going to stress over that. I don't really care for the way their sleeves look, though.

15. psirix macrumors member

16. leetle.yang macrumors newbie

17. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I got gift cards ready and waiting for the case to come to the apple store haha. It's $54 shipped to me in CA. $$$$$$ for a neoprene sleeve no matter how high quality.

18. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

nope. you're absolutely correct. they have both the orion sleeve made of pleather: http://goo.gl/qtbcY as well as suede sleeves for a bit more.

Moshi also makes a nice neoprene sleeve called the Muse if you want a bit of cushioning that features no zips to scratch or velcro to annoy and the outer shell is microfiber, allowing one to use it as a cleaning tool: www.moshimonde.com

Booq also has a neoprene sleeve that's very minimalistic.

i personally have the Moshi Muse for my 13" 2010 Air and LURVE it.

19. jevel, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011

jevel macrumors regular